Our story began with a card game in Texas: Charles Feldstein won a piece of land that was located in Marinette, WI. He made the trip on the wagon route many times to Chicago to sell or trade his goods. When Charles finally went to see what he had won, he saw a great opportunity in the booming logging town. Charles opened the original Feldstein’s that was known as “Loan Brokers and Jewelers.” The store sold musical instruments, golf clubs, luggage, clocks, and jewelry.
Charles’ son Sam, who was one of four boys in the family, worked long hours seven days a week to keep the business going. Sam graduated high school at the age of 16 and went on to watch making school. He then returned to run the store.
When Sam’s son-in-law Rick Francois took over the business, Feldstein’s became a high-end jewelry store. Rick’s brother, Scott Francois, was managing Feldstein’s after working for Ike Friedman at Borsheims in Omaha, NE. In 1988, Scott and his wife Julie bought the store. Over the years, the store location changed several times. It started in the booming downtown and moved to the mall. The final and current location is in a free-standing store located on the main highway that connects Wisconsin to Michigan.
A second location is being constructed in Green Bay, WI. The 6,000 square foot building is going to be opening in one of the up-and-coming areas of Green Bay. Back in the 1930’s, Feldstein’s had a location in downtown Green Bay next to the Meyer Theatre. Feldstein’s will be the oldest jeweler in Green Bay. We look forward to being the jeweler that people can trust with their precious jewelry.